85 Users Online

Home | Business | Directory | Forum | Jobs | Lifestyle | News | Tourism | What's OnContacts

Peterborough UK
03:10 on Sunday
13 June 2010

The Party Place - voted the UK's No 1 party shop

Active TopicsActive Topics  Display List of Forum MembersMemberlist  Search The ForumSearch  HelpHelp
  RegisterRegister  LoginLogin

General Discussion
 Peterborough Forums | General Discussion
Subject Topic: BP Lies Post ReplyPost New Topic
Author
Message << Prev Topic | Next Topic >>
surfnrg
Power Poster
Power Poster

Online Status: Offline
Posted: 21 May 2010 at 04:48 | IP Logged Quote surfnrg

Hi - longtime former resident now living in the affected area (penscola) in the oil spill region of Gulf of Mexico.

Its got to said that this environmental disaster shows how US GOV is controlled by profit making entities such as BP.

The lies & cover up is disgusting. It's like facing another hurricane waiting for the black stiff to hit our white sand beaches.

makes me so mad watching this happen - the dispersants toxicity & amount of the spill flow etc.

Back to Top View surfnrg's Profile Search for other posts by surfnrg

Outcast
Mega Poster
Mega Poster

Posted: 03 June 2010 at 11:03 | IP Logged Quote Outcast

Here's a survivors testimony

Outcast
Mega Poster
Mega Poster

Posted: 11 June 2010 at 13:27 | IP Logged Quote Outcast

Apparently, BP have made an ever so slightly catastrophic mistake, if this is true they had been drilling 25,000 to 30,000 feet, for something called abiotic oil, and the reason for the (so far) unstoppable leaks is due to the wellhead pressure being (and i quote) between 20,000 and 70,000 PSI, which is (again, i quote) beyond human technology to control. So there's millions of gallons a day being blasted out and up from at least 3 fissures under the sea. There's apparently only one possible solution, to use a nuke of some sort, but they are terrified of trying this as they don't know the implications of nuking one of these super wells ie if the nuke fails to plug the leaks would it blow the whole underwater chasm open, for good. Apparently the Russians have previously drilled into one or more of these deep super wells, but only on land, it's never been attempted at sea before, and from what i gather, the reason the Deepwater rig and it's safety devices were destroyed was due to the extreme pressure of the oil escaping from the super well.
I've never heard of abiotic oil but my very small amount of googling shows that apparently these super wells are what replenishes the normal oil wells, hence why the oil fields never actually run out of oil despite us always being told porkies that the oil wells are almost empty. Rather disturbing is that i saw the words 'Gulf stream' mentioned, there's speculation that the oil leaks are so vast, and could possibly take years to plug (if at all), that the gulf stream could be affected, and the Gulf stream obviously has a lot to do with the temperature, certainly here in Europe anyways.

More reading is needed, but so far it would appear that this is a mistake, albeit catastrophic, by BP as opposed to a deliberate destruction of the rig, and the reason for the huge share selloff's prior to the explosion could just be good old cashing in before a potential accident happens, except the accident could be ever so slightly more serious than anyone knows how to deal with.

There's apparently more to it (worse than the above), but am still listening to the radio show..

Outcast
Mega Poster
Mega Poster

Posted: 11 June 2010 at 13:52 | IP Logged Quote Outcast

lol

Maybe help is at hand...

Colgrin
Mega Poster
Mega Poster

Posted: 11 June 2010 at 15:01 | IP Logged Quote Colgrin

Outcast, are you trying to say that our oil supply is infinite?

That oilwells are replenished by oil fairies, so that we have no energy crisis to worry about?

Maybe a better explanation is that BP screwed up, drilling for oil in such huge depths in an industry that has been increasingly under-regulated!

Praise the Lord and get a free Playstation!!
Back to Top View Colgrin's Profile Search for other posts by Colgrin

If you wish to post a reply to this topic you must first login
If you are not already registered you must first register

Post ReplyPost New Topic
Printable version Printable version