101 Users Online

Home | Business | Directory | Forum | Jobs | Lifestyle | News | Tourism | What's OnContacts

Peterborough UK
02:06 on Sunday
13 June 2010

Award winning fireworks

Active TopicsActive Topics  Display List of Forum MembersMemberlist  Search The ForumSearch  HelpHelp
  RegisterRegister  LoginLogin

Message Board
 Peterborough Forums | Message Board
Subject Topic: Moving back to Peterborough!!!! Post ReplyPost New Topic
Author
Message << Prev Topic | Next Topic >>
buttyman86

Online Status: Offline
Posted: 05 May 2010 at 14:56 | IP Logged Quote buttyman86

Hi All Peterborough Forum people.

This is my first post to the site, anyway I am moving back to the boro in a couple of months after living for the past 8 years up in Sheffield. I have a new job and me and the wife will be wanting somewhere to live in the area.

Do any of you kind people know of any Private Landlords that have any properties available for let?? We are hoping to move to one of the following areas: Stanground, Fletton, Woodston, Yaxley, Hampton, Farcet.

We are currently browsing all over the internet to see what is available, we would prefer to rent privately which is what we are doing now up North, plus have you seen how much some of the property agents charge for admin and reference charges??? modern day extortion.

Any help or comments will be much appreciated

Petemac
Mega Poster
Mega Poster

Posted: 06 May 2010 at 10:19 | IP Logged Quote Petemac

There's a new letting agency on Lincoln road, I'll forward the details here in a wee while.
Welcome back!

iangillis
Power Poster
Power Poster

Posted: 06 May 2010 at 10:31 | IP Logged Quote iangillis

Petemac wrote:
There's a new letting agency on Lincoln road, I'll forward the details here in a wee while.
Welcome back!

which part of Private Landlords are you struggling with here, petey?

Back to Top View iangillis's Profile Search for other posts by iangillis

Petemac
Mega Poster
Mega Poster

Posted: 06 May 2010 at 10:51 | IP Logged Quote Petemac

iangillis wrote:

Petemac wrote:
Welcome back!

which part of Private Landlords are you struggling with here, petey?

Ah Peterborough's main cock is here. My deepest and humble apologies to you my lord for being unobservant. I shall flog myself with willow twitches in repentance.

It's so sweet to have a stalker!

iangillis
Power Poster
Power Poster

Posted: 06 May 2010 at 11:26 | IP Logged Quote iangillis

don't flatter yourself.
Back to Top View iangillis's Profile Search for other posts by iangillis

Petemac
Mega Poster
Mega Poster

Posted: 06 May 2010 at 12:03 | IP Logged Quote Petemac

Ha ha! You win.

MR STINGRAY
Power Poster
Power Poster

Posted: 07 May 2010 at 18:20 | IP Logged Quote MR STINGRAY

If you have been away for 8 years you are in for a big shock.

Peterborough is now the pits and I find it difficult to understand anyone wanting to move back to this hell hole.

Rockstar
Mega Poster
Mega Poster

Posted: 07 May 2010 at 21:02 | IP Logged Quote Rockstar

It's a shame you feel that way Mr. S...

I'm a 2nd gen Peterborian, and my kids were obviously born here too....

I am still very proud of my City, yes, I've seen it change a lot, but compared to some places I've visited - I'm always very pleased to come home.

I know we do have some very high levels of displacement, but, I think in the fullness of time, that will correct it's self...

My wife comes from Birmingham, and on one of our most recent visits, it was very clear just how run down parts of that have become... I think everywhere is suffering atm, but what we need is some re-investment in our Country, and sadly, I don't think that is coming anytime soon....

MR STINGRAY
Power Poster
Power Poster

Posted: 08 May 2010 at 09:56 | IP Logged Quote MR STINGRAY

Hello Rockstar,

I have lived in Peterborough all of my life (and that's a long time) and have seen this city decline over this period to become what it is today.

I agree that there are other areas around the UK that are as bad or worse but some of these areas have always been run down and will never change.

My point is that Peterborough used to be a nice place to live and was fairly autonomous with news headlines regarding murder, crime, etc, that's because there wasn't that much of it happening here.

You now only have to read the local Evening Telegraph and increasingly the National dailies about the subjects mentioned above regarding this City.

Edited by MR STINGRAY on 08 May 2010 at 10:31

buttyman86

Posted: 08 May 2010 at 11:41 | IP Logged Quote buttyman86

Having lived in both Sheffield and P'boro there is a pattern on local forums that locals do not appreciate their city. I agree that the boro has declined since I left but it is no means the worst place to live in the country.

I think there is a huge amount of potential for the city with its location and space for expansion. For reasons that i am unsure of the council have not really noticed this. I was in Cathedral Square the other week and i cannot see a huge difference from before the development started . I think there needs to be more investment in terms of city centre living, nightlife, a local arena for music and performances and a proper uni so it can start to compete with other cities in the area and put P'boro firmly on the map. This will take years to do but it is time these foundations are laid for the future of the city.

I am looking forward to coming back, seeing old friends and family and getting back into the local lifestyle once again.

Page of 2 Next >>
  Post ReplyPost New Topic
Printable version Printable version