80 Users Online

Home | Business | Directory | Forum | Jobs | Lifestyle | News | Tourism | What's OnContacts

Peterborough UK
01:23 on Sunday
13 June 2010

Ball Gown Heaven - the largest range of ball gowns, prom dresses and evening gowns for miles

Active TopicsActive Topics  Display List of Forum MembersMemberlist  Search The ForumSearch  HelpHelp
  RegisterRegister  LoginLogin

Movies & TV
 Peterborough Forums | Movies & TV
Subject Topic: millenium trilogy Post ReplyPost New Topic
Author
Message << Prev Topic | Next Topic >>
woodman

Online Status: Offline
Posted: 29 January 2010 at 12:16 | IP Logged Quote╩woodman

the swedes are coming! let the right one in was arguably last years coolest film, branagh's doing wallander (great, but watch the original swedish series) and our bookshops are littered with obscure scandinavian authors. these books (the girl with the dragon tattoo, the girl who played with fire and the girl who kicked the hornets nest) feature an unlikely heroine, dozens of obscure swedish locations populated by hundreds of mostly unpronounceable characters. sounds like a tough read doesn't it? well i've been totally hooked by this series. the stories centre around millenium magazine, their hapless star reporter and an unlikely punk hackette who together encounter violence, vice, fraud and sex on a global scale.the three movies are already filmed and are to be screened this year. your intrepid scribe has seen the first (man som hatar kvinnor) and can report that it is true to the book and is utterly compelling. anyone else out there read this trilogy (or seen the movies)?

blip
Mega Poster
Mega Poster

Posted: 30 January 2010 at 14:13 | IP Logged Quote╩blip

I've seen and enjoyed a few of the original Wallander's. The whole new feel is what is on a higher gritty level as the US HBO, so am looking forward to checking some more out.

Thanks Woody. 

woodman

Posted: 11 February 2010 at 21:12 | IP Logged Quote╩woodman

ive only just discovered hbo, blip. ive tried to ignore most american tv believing it to be mawkish and/or puerile. then i saw the wire and six feet under (and 24, dunno if thats hbo though) and i'm hooked on true blood and flash forward.

gonna check out the comedy next.. frazier?

If you wish to post a reply to this topic you must first login
If you are not already registered you must first register

Post ReplyPost New Topic
Printable version Printable version