Peterborough Civic Society

Plaque 20    Midland Bank, Cathedral Square
Peterborough's electric trams served the people of Peterborough from 1903 to 1930. They ran from this site to Dogsthorpe, Newark and Walton with a depot at Millfield. Electrical power was supplied from the power station at Albert Meadow, now part of the Rivergate site, by the River Nene. The trams were very popular and in 1924 carried nearly 1.4 million passengers.
.
< Plaque 19

Plaque Trail  >

Home | Contacts | Talks | Activities | Plaques

Site hosted by www.peterborough.net